5 Innovation Gym Top Tips for instant impact for your team:
- Identify where your project is positioned on the innovation cycle – has the project become stuck or did you skip bits? Would it benefit the project to back up and take stock with ‘deeper insights’ or ‘user journey’ mapping?
- Think through upcoming, critical milestones – is concept development around the corner? Maybe it’s time to book a ‘concept thinking’ gym session for your team so you are fit and ready to conceptualise breakthrough ideas?
- Identify skill gaps in the team, and train for them – can someone who is new to the company or new to innovation? Now could be the time to build strength and depth in the team and bring everyone onto the same page with the same thinking and approaches, especially as you begin to invest in MVP’s and later prototypes.
- Identify where bad habits are creeping in, especially due to real world pressures – would your project benefit from the more philosophical, yoga-like thinking of ‘story led ideas’ to ensure your story hero is consistently your target user throughout your project, ensuring maximum success in market when you launch.
- Because even the best need help – if you are an in-house innovation trainer or agile leader consider bringing in the Innovation Gym just for aspects where you might have less experience. The best sports managers bring in fitness coaches and specialist nutritionists to elevate team performance. You can see your expert Innovation Gym coaches as specialist intervention sessions for your very best results.